Department of Economic Cybernetics was set up in 1967 in the same time
with the Faculty of Economic Calculation and Economic Cybernetics.
Department of Economic Cybernetics is one of the first departments of such kind from the world.
This is the place where is continued the well-known Romanian school of economic cybernetics.
Here, university staff carries on the fundamental research work in cybernetics and system theory
fields in order to create a new type of economist - "the system analyst" - with a significant role on the market economy.
Economic Cybernetics Department has a staff formed by 32 members:
and more other researchers and associate professors.
- 13 professors
- 6 senior lecturers
- 4 lecturers
- 7 assistants
The Department has a computer laboratory, internet server and its one web page: http://www.asecib.ase.ro
I. Program to obtain the certificate of economic analyst in economic cybernetics,
with 4 1/2 years of study.
This program is organized in 2 modules:
Module one: 2 years of study and 19 disciplines
Module two: 2 1/2 years of study and 26 disciplines
II. Program "Graduate Studies in Quantitative Economy" that take place after university degree, with one year of study and 5 modules.
III. Program: PhD in Economic Cybernetics.
This is an individual research program.
The Economic Cybernetics PhD advisers are university professors from the department like:
- Prof. univ. dr. Andrei Ana
- Prof. univ. dr. Bacescu Marius
- Prof. univ. dr. Boldur Latescu-Gheorghe
- Prof. univ. dr. Bulgaru Mircea
- Prof. univ. dr. Cenusa Gheorghe
- Prof. univ. dr. Daniela Luminita Constantin
- Prof. univ. dr. Dobre Ion
- Prof. univ. dr. Marin Dumitru
- Prof. univ. dr. Scarlat Emil
- Prof. univ. dr. Serban Radu
- Prof. univ. dr. Oprescu Gheorghe
- Prof. univ. dr. Ruxanda Gheorghe
- Prof. univ. dr. Badescu Adrian
- Prof. univ. dr. Tiganescu Eugen
- Prof. univ. dr. Caracota Dumitrache